I wish I could promise that this will work out. I've had any number of blogs over the last few years and, well, they never last. Ever. But I'm willing to try again. The older posts here were moved from another blog I had.
My main reason for blogging this time will be to document a letter writing challenge that I saw on The Non Consumer Advocate. The 52 Weeks, 52 Letters challenge was described as this:
One piece of “real” mail sent out each week. It can be a letter, a postcard, a care package, a thank you note, handmade art, etc. I’m searching for all of the cards and stationary I have collected over the years and gathering them into one place with pens, envelopes (regular & padded), lots of stamps (.28 & .44), a glue stick, unlined index cards (great for making postcards), and a few USPS Small Flat Rate boxes. Oh, and I’m updating my address book.
I'll have to get my hands on some envelopes, stamps, and possibly some index cards. I can't imagine I'll actually be creating my own postcards, but you never know. I do feel like this challenge was made for me. For Christmas, one of my friends got me a wax seal, which I have always wanted! I think they're amazing. I'd always imagined if/when I got one, I'd start writing letters. Now, I have the push I needed. I'm going to call it Kicking It Old School (KIOS). As Katy mentions, I'm not going to send things to 52 different people. I don't know that many people that I'd like to write to. I might be able to think of ten. I'm active on BookCrossing and will count any random surprises I send for this challenge.
Since I'm already behind, I will be writing a letter today or tomorrow and maybe getting it out on Friday. I wonder who the lucky recipient will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment